Summit County is in search of a Civil Engineering Intern to help with the Engineering Departments workload this summer. This is a non-benefit position and will start in May 2019 and continue through early Fall. Work schedule may vary but will not exceed 30 hours per week.
The ideal candidate would be a student currently enrolled in a College of Engineering; specifically studying Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Preference will be given if you have completed a class or have experience in surveying, design, construction, and/or maintenance of transportation systems.
• A wide variety of Engineering disciplines and activities
• Plan reviews and site inspections for residential & commercial projects
• Storm water inspections
• Traffic counts and transportation studies
• Floodplain reviews
• Knowledge of computer and Microsoft Programs
• Effective communication skills; oral and written
• Knowledge of general Civil Engineering Principles
Civil Engineering Intern: $14.00 - $17.00/hr
Summit County is a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment testing.
Applicants must have a valid Driver’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities, and the disabled to apply.
Closing Date: Open until filled. First Review April 19th, 2019